Companies all over the world are turning to Instagram as their main base for social media. Brands are now posting more content on the photo-sharing app than Facebook. By posting a picture to Instagram, your ensuring your brand will get seen by your fans in their feed. With Facebook, companies have to pay to “boost a post”, in order for it to appear in their followers News Feeds. This is driving brands to use the Instagram app as their primary social media marketing platform.
Instagram recently reported that they have 300 million monthly users. No doubt, users are highly engaged with photos vs. status updates and/or excessive posts. Pictures alone are worth a thousand words – no need to post a long drawn-out story when you can post an exciting, captivating image to supplement. Brands and fans are “Instagramming” everywhere, and if you haven’t caught on, it’s about time you do! It’s the new age of social media and it’s only the beginning…
Check out some more interesting and impressive, Instagram facts!
- Brands post an average of 9.3 times a week to Instagram.
- Brand fan bases rose an average of 26 percent over the past year.
- Naturally, Instagram has the most followers: 57,977,431 and counting.
- Kim Kardashian takes second place with 27,828,387 followers.
- Over 20 billion photos are shared on Instagram.
- 41% of Instagram’s audience are between the ages of 16-24.
- 51% of all Instagram users are male, 49% are female.
- Facebook paid $715 million for Instagram. They only had 13 employees at that time.
- The most geo-tagged location in 2014 was DisneyLand.
- 70% of Instagram user log in at least once a day. 35% check the site/app multiple times a day.
- 11% of Instagram photos tagged with #nofilter actually have a filter.
- The busiest day ever on Instagram was Thanksgiving 2013.
- 25% of Fortune 500 companies use Instagram actively.
- Victoria’s Secret is the top brand on Instagram.
Which ones did you find the most surprising? Let us know with a comment below, or leave your own fun Instagram stat!