Welcome back to T:MINUS, a weekly marketing podcast hosted and produced by us here at 321 the Agency.
Marketing and advertising conferences – we all know them in the industry as the pinnacle of professional networking. But are they all really that valuable? On this episode, we discuss the pros and cons of conferences, finding the right fit for what you’re looking to learn, and of course, networking.
So, take a seat, put on your headphones, and get ready for your weekly dose of all things marketing.
- 1:41 Danielle goes to 10x Growth Conference
- 3:30 Nico and the Association of Writers Programs Conference
- 6:03 Dan shares his marketing conference experiences
- 6:43 Networking is key
- 7:47 The cons of conferences
- 8:49 Every conference has an agenda
- 10:25 Keywords and buzzwords
- 11:32 Every speaker is trying to sell you on something
- 12:36 Discovering new companies and specialties
- 15:25 Figuring out how to be solutions for other people’s problems
- 17:02 Getting granular is the way to go
- 19:18 Looking for answers, not more questions
- 20:26 Sometimes more questions can be a good thing
- 22:20 The details often get overlooked
- 25:18 Conferences are more like a tier system
- 27:06 Be self-aware
- 29:12 Panelists are not always qualified
- 32:42 Celebrities and CEO’s have knowledge on branding
- 33:50 Mock up a panel schedule
- 35:48 Do your research
- 36:34 Find conferences that speak to you